WirelessTrakker Universal Wireless Support for Non-Ubiquiti APs
Your wireless controller and AP system may do a lot of things well. But chances are, you’re frustrated by what they
can’t do. (For example, cloud-based controllers usually can’t handle DHCP for VLANs or inter-VLAN routing.)
Truth is, most don’t have the features needed to be a complete multi-SSID solution, which limits your options and flexibility.
(Note: If you use Ubiquiti Unifi APs, click here.)
That’s why we developed WirelessTrakker. When connected to your access points (purchased separately), our powerful, easy-to-use
wireless-network support* does all this:
DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) for Each VLAN
The DHCP server hands out custom IP addresses for every SSID, so you can assign different content-filtering parameters to each SSID.
- For example, IP addresses given to students on SSID #1 can be filtered one way; IP addresses belonging to staff on SSID #2 can be filtered another
- Saves you the hassle of having to assign individual IP addresses to every user
Inter-VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network) Routing
Allows traffic on one SSID to travel to other SSIDs, the Internet, and different areas of your local area network. (In other words, it can serve as your core router.)
Multicast DNS (Bonjour)
Permits communication between network-connected devices, applications, and services, no matter which SSID the user is on.
RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service)
An alternative to filtering through SSIDs. Users enter a username and password to authenticate their status (student, teacher, etc.) and are filtered accordingly.
Blocks guests and other “outsiders” from accessing your school’s local servers when they log on to your Wi-Fi.
It’s a secure way to keep your resources off limits to unauthorized users.
Free with your subscription:
- Software and equipment upgrades and replacements (applies to K12USA equipment, not access points)
- Automatic configuration backup and updates
- Unlimited tech support
Free 30-day trial! Find out how easy it is to deploy a complete, fully featured wireless solution. Just fill out this
(You'll need at least one access point to get started.)
Service & Warranties
- Your preconfigured appliance installs easily in a server room or wiring closet
- We warranty, maintain, upgrade, and replace (if necessary) all K12USA equipment and software, at our expense
- When your subscription ends, just return the appliance to us (we pay the shipping)
- You must have or buy access points (if you’re in the market for APs, we strongly suggest you go with
Ubiquiti UniFi—they’re superior products at unbeatable prices)
I am amazed at how simple the setup of WirelessTrakker has been.
We were pleasantly surprised that we didn’t need more than 16 access points to serve our single-building K-8 district, but
the coverage has been outstanding. The integration with active directory through our SecureSchool box makes management a breeze.
The tech support is exceptional and easily accessible, as it is located in the U.S. We finally have a stable wireless network that
is safe, reliable, and robust.
Jay Christgau, Director of Technology, Minocqua J1 School District, Minocqua, WI
As a near 30-year veteran of the IT workplace, I know how hard it is to install a robust, enterprise-class, Wireless Local Area Network. With all of the technical pitfalls, setting up a
multi-access-point wireless LAN segment is difficult. From the moment I unpacked the WirelessTrakker controller and access points, I knew this setup would be one of the easiest I had ever done. Once I had the controller installed in my LAN, a simple phone
call to K12USA was all I needed to activate everything. The technical team even helped configure my pre-existing switches to work seamlessly with the new system. The access points were a snap to set up, and in almost no time, I had my entire b/g/n multi-access-point
wireless LAN up and running—across our entire campus. It doesn’t matter what our students or faculty are running—PC, Mac, iPad, Droid, iPhone, etc.—it all works flawlessly.
Yossie Frankel, Shalhevet School
WirelessTrakker is easy to set up and deploy on your own, but we’re here to help if you have questions (877-225-0100 or
Integration With SecureSchool Internet Filter
- The only network requirement is that the switches between your WirelessTrakker controller and access points support VLANs and VLAN tagging (known as 802.1Q)
- Most managed switches support and place the ports in the correct VLANs
- We can help with this process and have instructions for many different vendors and switches
- If you want to authenticate your wireless users with active directory, you must have a Microsoft Windows Domain Controller running Windows 2000 or newer
If you have SecureSchool—or
are in the market for this excellent content filter/firewall/cache server—you can skip the WirelessTrakker appliance altogether
and opt for WirelessTrakker Universal Wireless Support add-on. It has all the functionality of the device but is conveniently integrated
into the SecureSchool system. You get the capabilities of both tools at a lower price.
*These features are E-Rate eligible. We believe our statements about E-Rate eligibility are accurate based on our reading of the new FCC guidelines. Actual eligibility is not guaranteed and
will be determined by the SLC/FCC after applications are submitted.
||Networks & More! Inc.